Wednesday, May 9, 2012

First Blog

I never really thought of myself as a writer. I'm not a grate speller, I'm not sure when to start a new paragraph or how to use a semicolon properly; I sometimes get my "there's" and "theirs" mixed up, and I'm still not sure what an interjection or a conjunction is. But can you count blogging as writing? It's more of a journal entry if you ask me. I have always written in journals. I love writing down my thoughts to reflect and learn from them later.
I now have five journals, one for each of my children and my own personal one. These journals do not get as much attention as my past journals, because I have recently become a mother a three! Now if you can do simple math then you may have noticed that something seems off and you may be thinking to yourself, "Five journals, one for each child, and one for herself. But only three children? Based on her previous statement she should have four children."
Well reader you are correct! Which leads me to the reason I want to start blogging and not just journal writing.
I am a mother of three! Three boys. My oldest is four, my middle is three, and my youngest is six and a half weeks old. I feed them, clean them, clothe them, protect them, teach them, love them, everything a mother does... I do!
Now everyone and their mother seems to be blogging about something and it always is something they are "passionate" about. Well reader, I am passionate about something. That something has to do with that math problem that was earlier discussed. Almost seven years ago I had a baby girl, a baby girl I could not provide for. I made that heart wrenching decision to place her for adoption.
Now before you start feeling sad and thinking about how hard it was, allow me to assure you... It was the best decision I ever made! I do not regret it. Yes! It was hard, excruciating! But I want you, the reader, to know that thru great sacrifice comes great blessings.
I am passionate about my title as a Birthmother! Not all birthparents are high school druggy dropouts. I believe the story to every adoption starts with the birthparents. I believe if dealt with properly and handled with care, then each adoption story can and will end happily. This is what I think is worth blogging about. No more keeping my thoughts secret between the pages of my journal. I believe this needs to be shared. So, I'm going to!

I want to get started on my story but I need to figure out where my story started.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Carla- this is a topic many people are afraid of sharing. Thank you for being so open. I know this blog will be helpful to many people, even those who can't immediately relate to being a birth mother. I'm very proud to call you my friend and I can't wait to hear more.

    <3 ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you're great! i can't wait to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure love you! This is going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete